Komodo is one of the 17,508 islands that make up the Republic of Indonesia. The island has a surface area of 390 km² and over 2000 inhabitants. The inhabitants of the island are descendants of former convicts who were exiled to the island and who have mixed themselves with the Bugis from Sulawesi. The population are primarily adherents of Islam but there are also Christian and Hindu minorities.
Komodo is part of the Lesser Sunda chain of islands and forms part of the Komodo National Park. Particularly notable here is the native Komodo dragon. In addition, the island is a popular destination for diving. Administratively, it is part of the East Nusa Tenggara province.
Latest from Super User
- 4 TKI di Kaohsiung Berhasil Menjadi TKI Teladan
- Kepala KDEI Menghadiri Pembukaan Pelatihan Kerjasama Internasional Bidang Imigrasi
- Update Nomor Pengambilan Paspor Per 22 April 2017
- KDEI-Taipei Menghadiri International Youth Ambassador Exchange Program 2017
- KDEI-Taipei Menghadiri Taiwan Halal Food Expo 2017