Komodo is one of the 17,508 islands that make up the Republic of Indonesia. The island has a surface area of 390 km² and over 2000 inhabitants. The inhabitants of the island are descendants of former convicts who were exiled to the island and who have mixed themselves with the Bugis from Sulawesi. The population are primarily adherents of Islam but there are also Christian and Hindu minorities.
Komodo is part of the Lesser Sunda chain of islands and forms part of the Komodo National Park. Particularly notable here is the native Komodo dragon. In addition, the island is a popular destination for diving. Administratively, it is part of the East Nusa Tenggara province.
Latest from Super User
- Meriah, Enam Pasang Mempelai WNI Menikah Massal di Taiwan
- Penyelenggaraan Ujian Nasional Berbasis Komputer (UNBK) Pertama Kali Untuk Program Kejar Paket C di KDEI Taipei
- Penandatangan MoU di TEI ke-32
- KDEI-Taipei dalam Regional Discussion
- KDEI-Taipei dan Delegasi Taiwan Menghadiri Opening Ceremony Trade Expo Indonesia ke-32